Ministry is more than just a job. It’s a calling. We believe those who are called are uniquely gifted to serve the church and to make a difference in this world.
Listings as of Friday, September 22, 2023
The role of the Youth Pastor is to provide vision, strategies, direction, and oversight for the entire Youth Ministry at PRBC (6 mos. – 17 yrs. old). Provides leadership, guidance, and development for staff and volunteer teams. The Youth Pastor will work to support the Vision and Mission of PRBC by providing Pastoral leadership to children, teens, and families. Through leadership, discipleship, and programming, the Youth Pastor will help equip families as they raise their children. The Youth Pastor is responsible for assisting the Senior Pastor with guarding the spiritual culture/character of the ministry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Educate our leaders and members about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth at PRBC and our community.
- Plan, develop, and execute all aspects of youth ministry in the areas of spiritual development, worship, discipleship, growth, mission, and outreach.
- Disciple youth in developing their spiritual and leadership skills.
- Create resources for Youth programming.
- Develop, research, and provide a curriculum for youth that reflects the teaching of PRBC.
- Be a liaison between PRBC and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to Youth and other ministries.
- Recruit, mentor, train, and develop PRBC volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of the ministry and ensure adequate support and adult-to-children ratios.
- Create, manage, and monitor youth ministry budget.
- Make yourself available to young people in a variety of ways (with proper supervision when required) (i.e., lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, visitation, times of crisis, etc.).
- Maintain ongoing contact with PRBC Pastors and staff members
- Help develop and maintain all safety standards.
- Oversee special event planning to include but not limited to youth day(s), youth nights, and other ministry events involving our youth.
- Prepare correspondence and reports for the Senior Pastor and other ministry leaders.
- Exercise the ability to hold sensitive information in confidence, only sharing with Senior Leaders on a need-to-know basis.
- Aid in Pastoral and ministerial responsibilities.
- Requires ongoing spiritual development & personal development to include:
- Serve as part of the core ministerial team.
- Participate in Bible Study and other church activities.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
The Youth Pastor position is part-time. The standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, with weekend hours. Work hours are a minimum of 25 hours per week but may vary depending on the needs of the ministry. The duties of this position are required to be performed both on and off-site, with potential for traveling throughout the community.
Depending on the needs of the Ministry, the Youth Pastor may travel up to 40%, locally within the community utilizing their own personal vehicle or vehicles owned by PRBC.
- BA/BS – with min. two years of relevant youth-related experience (A teacher or child counselor may not have ministry experience).
- Strong execution and attention to detail skills.
- Strong work ethic, proactive, and able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills; able to articulate verbally and in writing.
- Proficient skills in (SharePoint, Access, etc., not really needed) Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong ability to work well with others and within a team.
- Creative and innovative.
- Exceptional experience leading and serving with youth and their families.
- Excellent project management experience.
- Love God and God's people.
- Positive attitude with the heart of a servant.
- Share the vision of Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church to fulfill the Great Commission with integrity and passion.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with strong interpersonal skills.
- Accept constructive coaching as learning opportunities.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
This job operates within a church/classroom environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects and occasionally stands, walks, reach with their hands and arms, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls.
This position is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Candidates who are interested in the Youth Pastor position should complete the application linked below and submit along with their resume by email to Trustees@PRBCLansing.org or mail to:
Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church
Attn: Youth Pastor Application
5200 Pleasant Grove Rd.
Lansing, MI 48911
YOUTH PASTOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Final candidates must consent to a reference check, a full background check including criminal history, a drug test, and credit check. An outside agency will perform these checks for complete confidentiality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands and may change at any time with or without notice.